Help with a 1967 Supro Taurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a 1967 Supro Taurus

]I just found one of these and although it sounds awesome i'd like more break up and a little thicker sound. Also needs a 3 prong plug. Here's a pic of the schematic. Would anyone please be able to tell me which caps, resistors to change and for what values? Thank you very much.

Well, if you bypass that crazy tone switch setup, it screams! That part is the tone/gain killer, that much I can tell you. I have one awaiting further tweaking now that I'm learning a little more--it was one of my first "revival" projects...

Just make sure to be aware of the twin output sections that, stock, output through a stereo jack. It came with it's own cabinet and a stereo cord, and the combination usually gets split up over the years. A real bad setup that has probably eaten many output tubes and output transformers over the years (gee, wonder why mine had one bad one when i got it...)! Mine had an extra hole on the back that I used to mount the other output jack, so now it has discreet outputs.

That's all I have to offer for now, but maybe I'll get mine on the bench and play along! These should sound real, real good I'm betting.
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Looks like a variation on the Monkey Ward amp that had the 2 seperate K biased 6L6 output sections. A good way to use it with a single spkr load and std cable is to pull the output tubes that run the ring output so you have the tip output active. I'd expect plate voltage to rise some, but I don't think it'll cause any problems. I've done this with the Wards version for a couple customers years ago and as far as I know, they're all still out there doing their job.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
      X