No announcement yet.

New CNC coil winder in the offing (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CNC coil winder in the offing (UK)

I have no affiliation with this chap (other than knowing him via a UK CNC forum which he contributes to - nice guy), but he's just about to release a CNC coil winder which might be of interest to some UK/European members....

Forum related to it is here...

CNC Coil Winder - CNCdudez Support Forums

At the minute it doesn't look particularly 'pickup-centric', but he's going to offer a few 'mount' options & since he says he's taken a few enquiries from pickup makers already I reckon you'll see the required mounts! Also, he freely admits the top rpm (I think about 1000rpm from memory?) isn't for high churn pickup winding...probably more suited to those making protos or unique designs etc.
    Last edited by peskywinnets; 01-16-2012, 04:07 PM.

That looks really nice.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hi David

I purchased one of the new versions of this machine and have been mightily impressed. I have been giving Sean the guy that makes and supplies the machine as much help and info as I can to get the pickup winding software as complete as possible. I have no financial interest in the company (apart from the money that I paid for the machine) and I must say that I have been very pleased with the maker Sean as he is very willing to adapt and upgrade the software when and as neccesary. If anybody has any ideas or thoughts feel free to contact Sean. He is a bit busy at the moment moving premises so it may be an idea to give him a little leway for him to reply. A coming add on is going to be a hand control for winder motor and traverse so that hand wound scatter patterns can be reproduced and recorded in the software. Here is a you tube link if anyone is interested of the machine he made me, it's a little smaller than the standard one and really is compact (in all honesty I could have lived with the full size one, as I doubt it takes up much more space)
      CNCDudez Production CNC Coil Winder MK1-Winding a Guitar Pickup Coil - YouTube

and another link to the main site
      CNC Design Limited - CNC Coil Winder

Cheers

Andrew
      Ps. Thanks again for the apostrophe, I never noticed it on my keyboard '''''''

Comment

This is really impressive. If the ability to easily record and replicate a hand wind, or perhaps even an unwind, is a reality that is HUGE.

I'll be following along on this project.

Comment

Looks like an outstanding product.
          The host PC application is no slouch either as it includes a pickup database.
          The shipped price outside UK is 800 pounds, so I'm thinking $1600 is not bad at all for a turnkey automatic pickup winder.
          "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Got to hand it to the guy, his output is prolific & his ambitions high...

CNC Coil Winding Machine by CLaNZeR — Kickstarter

...lovely to see talented people going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
              Got to hand it to the guy, his output is prolific & his ambitions high...

...lovely to see talented people going for it.
              And he knows how to solicit for funding, I got this email today:

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:52 AM
              To:
              Subject: CNC Design Kickstart Project has begun

Hi

This email is being sent out to forum members of http://www.cncdudez.co.uk

31st October 2012 Kickstarter goes live in the UK.

So we have decided to launch the Coil Winder as a project.

Please if you have 5 minutes free, do check out our project page, especially if you are interested in purchasing a Coil Winder.

Best Regard
              Sean.
              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
              X