Vox Beatle Footswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Beatle Footswitch

I recently picked up a Vox Beatle amp but it came with the wrong footswitch.
    It had a 4 button from a Super Beatle and not the 5 button made for the Beatle amp.

I also got a schematic diagram for the 5 button footswitch so I am going to modify the 4 button enclosure and make it into a 5 button.

The thing that looks odd in the schematic diagram is that on the Tremolo and Reverb button circuit
    when the coloured LED is lit, the the control wire which switches to earth has an open circuit on it.
    So if you depress the switch and the LED goes off, the circuit is closed.

Is there any tech's out there that can confirm that this is correct? or is it a mistake in the schematic.

Many thanks in advance

Depending upon the model, some Beatle amps used the 5 button (w/Repeat Percussion) and some used the 4 button one.

The footswitch uses incandescent lamps and not leds for the lights. The reverb and the trem do not need anything grounded for them to work, the footswitch grounds the circuit to kill the FX.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      Depending upon the model, some Beatle amps used the 5 button (w/Repeat Percussion) and some used the 4 button one.

The footswitch uses incandescent lamps and not leds for the lights. The reverb and the trem do not need anything grounded for them to work, the footswitch grounds the circuit to kill the FX.
      Thanks Bill, you answered my question on the wiring, but now i need to ask another.

My amp is a VOX Beatle V1143, Not a Super Beatle V1141
      Are you saying that some Beatle amps V1143 came with a 4 Button footswitch the same as the Super Beatle V1141 as well?

I thought all V1143's had a 5 button footswitch.

Comment

They probably all did have 5 button switches. You didn't specify which model you had and the term Beatle amp has often been used to refer to both models sort of generically.

The models with repeat percussion had 5 button switches, the models without had 4 button switches.

Comment

Just started getting into pedals and effects...got a couple Vox units off EBay ...

Comment

Btw.. Your amp is so cool that captures the classic vox tone.. Its best feature is the Repeat Percussion.. i often use that is i take percussion lesson..
            Last edited by kurtdaniel; 03-06-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X