Pickup Estimator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Estimator?

Oh Where, Oh Where did the Pickup Estimator Go?
    http://www.salvarsan.org/pickups/
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Try this.

http://www.salvarsan.org/pickups/Coil_Estimator.html

Comment

How About it!
      That doesn't work from here, Either!
      T
      Last edited by big_teee; 01-22-2012, 06:09 AM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Give it a few more days.
        The site host is having problems with Verizon.
        "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

That's why I saved a copy to my computer.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hope this wirks rite.

pickup coil estimator attached as zip file.

To use: download, unzip, and load as file into browser.

Coil_Estimator06.html.zip
            "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I love the Estimator, one of its largest fans.
              I may not fully know what I'm doing with the Estimator.
              I measured my wire Diameter and measured 10 ft of the wire.
              It is Rea PE 42 it is .00285 Diameter, and is 16 ohms for 10ft.
              So it computes 1600 ohms for 1000 ft.
              I see where I can put these variables in the estimator, but it does not change results.
              Is this possible, and what am I doing wrong, or do you have a estimator that I can Change these varibles?
              Thanks,
              Terry
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                Hope this wirks rite.

pickup coil estimator attached as zip file.

To use: download, unzip, and load as file into browser.

[ATTACH]16988[/ATTACH]
                I notice that this version does not change wire gauge when you pick a preset; i.e., Rickenbacker Toaster does not change to 44AWG. The older version(s), which I still have, does.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  I notice that this version does not change wire gauge when you pick a preset; i.e., Rickenbacker Toaster does not change to 44AWG. The older version(s), which I still have, does.
                  *sigh*
                  You know this forum has strayed from the original charter when bug reports appear.

FYI, salvarsan.org is finally findable.
                  The site admins just completed a week-long screaming match with Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                    *sigh*
                    You know this forum has strayed from the original charter when bug reports appear.
                    Did we have a charter?

Hey Daniel, I wanted to tell you I used your estimator to copy the Acoustic Black Widow pickup I was making. I plugged in the DC resistance, the wire gauge (44) and my bobbin size, and it nailed it to within a few hundred ohms.

So just wanted to give a

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                      Did we have a charter?

Hey Daniel, I wanted to tell you I used your estimator to copy the Acoustic Black Widow pickup I was making. I plugged in the DC resistance, the wire gauge (44) and my bobbin size, and it nailed it to within a few hundred ohms.

So just wanted to give a
                      Thanks. It's better than guessing outright.

Comment

Working...
                      X