Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Section Capacitor

Hey guys,
    I need to replace a 30/20/10/10 350V capacitor but I can't find an exact replacement. Would a 30/20/20/20 525V or a 30/30/30/10 475V be a suitable replacement? Thanks

Probably. The 525V seems closest in value. If you could post the schematic it will be easier for someone to tell you the best option.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks g-one, I don't have a schematic and have been unable to locate one. The amp in question is a Dukane PA model 1b665/1c665. Tubes are 1 6k11/6q11, 2 el84/6bq5, and 1 5y3. Thanks again for the input.

Comment

Suggest using the 30/20/20/20 525V. Then you will only have 2 sections different, and they will be within the +80/-20% tolerance that the originals probably were.
        If you don't have a spare 6K11, keep your eyes open for one. Getting harder to find all the time, if it ever goes bad it's nice to have a spare on hand. Otherwise you can end up paying insane prices.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X