Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweed 5e3 Deluxe circuit with reverb and vibrato: possible??? Tremolux Reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweed 5e3 Deluxe circuit with reverb and vibrato: possible??? Tremolux Reverb?

Hey all. I'm starting a 5e3 type project out of a sf Bassman head chassis and was wondering if anyone has tried to build a 5e3 with reverb and vibrato (tremolo) with good results? I've been researching for a week now and haven't found anything quite concrete, just theory's. No schematics or anything. I did find a weird Hoffman schematic of a tweed bassman with reverb and vibrato http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...an-5f6-r-t.gif, but that's about as close as I've come besides a Tremolux 5e9-a schematic. Is this at all possible, or am I chasing unicorns and bolting a reverb tank between their hind legs?

Vibrolux 5f11, basically a single channel 5E3 with tremolo and NFB. Add a second channel, reverb may be a little trickier.

Comment

I'll say it again and this is the last time... find a black face Princeton Reverb layout and use that with out the treble and bass controls... use the tweed Deluxe tone control setup... and then cathode bias the power tubes with a NOS 5Y3GT rectifier and a 12AY7 for the first preamp tube..
      Bruce

Mission Amps
      Denver, CO. 80022
      www.missionamps.com
      303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
        I'll say it again and this is the last time... find a black face Princeton Reverb layout and use that with out the treble and bass controls... use the tweed Deluxe tone control setup... and then cathode bias the power tubes with a NOS 5Y3GT rectifier and a 12AY7 for the first preamp tube..
        I think Bruce is talking about something like this.

With respect, Tubenit
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X