Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony audio speakers to tube amp?

Hello everybody,

I'm planning to buy a 5W tube head, the Blackheart BH5H. I've got an old speaker lying around, it's called Sony SS-V33, it's a 60W 6Ω. It isn't a cabinet, I mean, it's not specifically for guitar amps, it was made for a Hi-Fi amplifier.
    The Blackheart has 4, 8 and 16 ohm outs. Is it possible to connect this speaker anyway?

Thank you!

Sure, you can try the 4 and the 8 ohm setting and go with whichever sounds best. Or "least awful" as hi-fi speakers aren't exactly known for sounding good with guitar. Anyway, it won't damage anything.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

It is possible and may not cause excessive tube wear if used on the 8 ohm setting.
      It will almost certainly sound bad; guitar speakers are what makes guitar amps sound like guitar amps.
      Use the sony speakers on your TV or PC, they look pretty good for that SS-AV33 SONY BOOKSELF SPEAKERS and look for pretty much any guitar speaker on ebay or CL etc, they will sound better. Check out faulty guitar combos, the speakers may be ok.
      Pete.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Thank you both for your answers, I'll think about it.

Comment

Working...
        X