Line 6 Spider Valve 212 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider Valve 212 schematic

Can anyone supply me with schematic? I have a repair shop, but do not have a schematic for this amp.
    This amp has a good power stage, but no effects are working at all. I can put a line level signal into the power amp input jack and the power stage works fine. Display is lit, but no characters displayed. Input to guitar input dead. Looks like the effects/preamp board may have died. I would like to investigate further before I call the undertaker

hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mozwell, but the one I need schematic for is a later production. It was mfg in June 2007. I really only need schematic for the preamp/effects board. Inverter ic LVC04AD only has 0.9 volts dc at pin 14 which should be somewhere around 3 v, and I need to know where it comes from. Any help appreciated. It could possibly be a bad smd chip bypass cap.
      Last edited by steelguy; 01-26-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by steelguy View Post
        Thanks Mozwell, but the one I need schematic for is a later production. It was mfg in June 2007. I really only need schematic for the preamp/effects board. Inverter ic LVC04AD only has 0.9 volts dc at pin 14 which should be somewhere around 3 v, and I need to know where it comes from. Any help appreciated. It could possibly be a bad smd chip bypass cap.
        Hi Steelguy,

First of all check whether +3.3V bus is shorted.
        If resistance between LVC04:14 (3.3V) and LVC04:7 (GND) is about tens Ohm, you need search what component is shorted.

If aforementioned resistance is not less than 1K, check the following voltage flowing chart:
        U1:3 [12V]-U1:2 [8V]-U8:1[8V]-U8:3[5V]-U3:1[5V]-U3:5[3.3V].

U1 = LM1086CT – adjustable regulator,
        U8 = 7805,
        U3 = NJM 2872BF33 – fixed 3.3V regulator.

Attached LM1086CT and NJM2872BF33 datasheets may help you.

Let me know what measurement results are.
        Attached Files

Comment

On the LCV04, pins 7 to 14 read 560 ohms. On the NJM2872 pin 1 is 5v, pin 2 gnd, pin 3 5v, pin 4 1.35v, and output pin 5 is 3.3 when working and .84 when not working. With a 560 ohm load on the 3.3 v line, that's only 6 ma. The 2872 specs it at 150ma capability. At one time the 3.3v was there. but had no characters on display. Looked at clock signal (CLKOUT) and there was no clock. Looked at each side of crystal and had no 12 Mhz oscillation on scope. Also, the LM1086 seems ok with input at 13.1v, out at 9.09, and adj/gnd at 7.84v. What the heck is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by steelguy View Post
            On the LCV04, pins 7 to 14 read 560 ohms. On the NJM2872 pin 1 is 5v, pin 2 gnd, pin 3 5v, pin 4 1.35v, and output pin 5 is 3.3 when working and .84 when not working. With a 560 ohm load on the 3.3 v line, that's only 6 ma. The 2872 specs it at 150ma capability. At one time the 3.3v was there. but had no characters on display. Looked at clock signal (CLKOUT) and there was no clock. Looked at each side of crystal and had no 12 Mhz oscillation on scope. Also, the LM1086 seems ok with input at 13.1v, out at 9.09, and adj/gnd at 7.84v. What the heck is going on here?
            I firmly believe that both DC voltage and AC voltage / shape measurements should be performed when the device is turned on. I do not understand what “0.84V when not working” sentence means.

If “when not working” means turned off, absence of the clock is something that should be.

But if you detected lack of the clock when the device was turn on and scope’s probe was set at 1:10 attenuation ratio, this is quite different. In this case check whether the voltage at the pin U15:21 equal to 3.3V (I remind that device should be turned on). If the voltage is correct and at the same time crystal does not work, try firstly to replace the crystal (CAN HC49TH 12.000MHz). If this did not help, the U15 (P89LPC936) should be replaced. Take into account that this chip has its own flash memory and for this reason it should be ordered directly from Line 6 authorized service.

Good luck,
            Last edited by doctor; 01-30-2012, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Doctor, when I stated “0.84V when not working” I meant that when the unit is powered up and the 3.3 volt line measures 0.84v, the display is not displaying any characters other than 8 black bars. I can't help but believe it is a problem with the NJM2872 3.3v regulator. Why else could everything work so well for several continuous hours, once it powers up correctly, if something else is causing the problem? Yesterday when I first powered it up, it came up and ran. I left it running for about three hours and it never quit. The 3.3v measured correct. I then turned off power and waited about ten seconds, then powered up again and it did not come up. The 3.3v never came up above 0.84v. Sure looks like a flaky regulator to me.

Comment

Steelguy, could you fix the problem at the end?
                I always use an external PSU with V and A Indicators where I can see if something might happen.

Comment

NZaudio, I finally gave up and sent the preamp/effects board to Line6 (via a local "authorized" repair facility) and Line6 fixed the board and sent it back to the repair facility who then sent it back to me. If I remember correctly, they replaced a smd capacitor but did not specify which one. A lot of expense and time wasted, but at least the customer was pleased to get it back.

Comment

Hi folks, sorry resurrect old thread but it has exact problem this amp has and I'm wondering if anyone has experience.
                    basically, 3.3v rail shorted to gnd.
                    The NJM2872 is off board, C9 + C80 are out.. short persists.
                    Without a layout diag it's gonna take ages to track where the 3.3v goes and interrogate suspects..

I'd be heaps appreciative of ANY thoughts/help ?
                    Regs, Dave
                    DBE Enginering, Canberra ACT.

Comment

Dave, I know exactly what you are going thru. My advice -- give it up, send effects board to Line6 via local authorized repair center. They can't fix it either. It goes back to Line6 and they turn it around in 2 or 3 days. Total cost was about $100.00. They said it was a bad surface mount capacitor. No component layout is available that I know of. At least the customer was pleased to get it working again. Remember -- time is money.

Comment

Hi, is the link you supplied still operational? When I click on it, I get message no permission to access this.
                        Thanks, Brian

Comment

There was a server crash some time ago and uploads were lost. You might try PM'ing the member to see if he still has the file.
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Spider Valve hd100
                            http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkow...e_HD100_sm.pdf

Links to line 6 schems
                            http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkow...M_scena/Line6/
                            nosaj
                            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              There was a server crash some time ago and uploads were lost. You might try PM'ing the member to see if he still has the file.
                              Thanks very much Dude!!

Comment

Working...
                              X