Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo element sources?

Hi folks,

I am hacking on my Wishbass. I beheaded it and put a Cort/Steinberger 6 string bridge on it (going for a 30" scale fretless 6 stringer). The bridge pieces are hollow, and I'd like to put some piezo elements in them. I have some experience experimenting with relatively easy to find piezo discs, piezo cables, and film pieces. But I don't know where to find something that would fit in what you see below.

Does anyone know where a diy type can buy small piezo elements that aren't film/disc/cable? I did a quick search of the music-electronics-forum, but I didn't see anything. Thanks for your time!
    Attached Files

So why can you not cut small pieces from one of your discs. Dremel small grinding wheel works well. Quickly solder pieces of 42awg pickup wire for the leads and sheath them in shrinktube and make your own idividual elements. Feed them all together or individual if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
      So why can you not cut small pieces from one of your discs. Dremel small grinding wheel works well. Quickly solder pieces of 42awg pickup wire for the leads and sheath them in shrinktube and make your own idividual elements. Feed them all together or individual if you want.
      Thanks, jonson. Good plan. That is exactly what I will do if I can't find any other piezo elements. I have cut piezo discs before; I sandwich them firmly between scraps of hardwood and cut the sandwich on a table saw or bandsaw. I'll try a dremel.

When I cut small piezo discs to the size of an individual electric bass bridge saddle (say, about 8mm x 10mm) the frequency response of the disc is not very good. Could be problems with my methods, but I am just wondering if there are some off-the-shelf products out there that diy people can buy.

Comment

Working...
      X