McIntosh MC-40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McIntosh MC-40

Hello I have a pair of these babies fully working and everything and was wondering a good starting price for these. What should I do?

Have you tried looking at completed auctions on eBay?
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

yeah

Yeah I have, no luck really.

Comment

Amps like the MC40 tend to find homes where they settle in for a long time. Owners of good examples just don't want to let go of them. I think they will turn up on ebay eventually.
        Meanwhile, you can get an idea of value at sites like http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/ and http://www.audioclassics.com/

Keep in mind that, as businesses that sell checked out and guaranteed used equipment, their pricing is high end “retail”.

Tom

Comment

Awesome thanks alot!! I found some and its around 1000-1400 is what it seems like I think ill start the bid on eBay about I dunno maybe $689? Does that sound good? They are working and in decent condition with the little black plate that goes around tubes I think it should sell

Comment

If they are in good working condition and all original they will sell for sure.
            Of course, good clear photos also help. If I was buying, I'd also like to see photos of the inside.
            By the way, It doesn't really matter where you start the bidding. You can protect your interest by setting a reserve price. Auctions that start low often generate more interest and sometimes end up selling for more than a similar auction that starts near the sell price.
            Good Luck
            Tom

Comment

a good mac in mint condition is a desirable piece of gear. i would also want to see inside photos, but i'd go one step further and ask to see a voltage chart for each amp.
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Hmm

Dumb question.
                Why don't you use them for your home stereo ?
                Fantastic gear that you're not likely to buy in the future.

JJ

Comment

Working...
                X