Rhythm Chief 1000 needs a doctor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhythm Chief 1000 needs a doctor.

I'm new to this forum but not to the limit of my understanding of many things. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    My Dearmond Rhythm Chief is fotally tucked up. It reads 1.039 at the coil and the rhythm switch turns it off completely.The tone pot acts like a volume knob Strangely it sounds good albeit low signal. What is going on?
    I'd love to give it a go trying to fix it myself any advice?

I found this schematic on an old MEF post.
    Attached Files

Comment

With the coil reading so low, 1.039, I think it must be broken.?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanigumi View Post
        With the coil reading so low, 1.039, I think it must be broken.?
        Yes, you have a break somewhere. You are getting sound because the windings are capacitively coupled.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks David! I live on a rice farm in rural Japan so finding what I would need to fix it and all that would cost more than having it done by a pro. Do you know anyone in Japan who could do it? Or if I sent it to you could you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanigumi View Post
            Thanks David! I live on a rice farm in rural Japan so finding what I would need to fix it and all that would cost more than having it done by a pro. Do you know anyone in Japan who could do it? Or if I sent it to you could you do it?
            Hello,
            I rewound one a few years ago and I can tell that it is not a work for beginners because the Rhythm Cief 1000 gave a special coil.
            I live in germany, just in case you want to ship it for repair ;-)

Comment

That's a good offer, not many folks who have worked on these before would volunteer to do it again. There are some hand wound pickups from Japan but probably not a lot of RC1000s around to practice on.

Comment

Yes Mr. King,
                you are right.
                I had a hard time and it has to be done verry well because you may destroy the coil wehn putting in the remainig 2 magnets.
                So good luck Tanigumi let me know wehn you have taken it apart if it makes you wonder like me did.
                ;-))

Comment

Working...
                X