Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carlsen melton gauss meter question

ha spence
    how close do you wave your meter over the mags to get an acquerate reading ? do you run it over three times and take the highest reading and go with that ? i bought one and kind of confused on the different readings each time i run it over.maybe i need to stay about an 1/4'' off the magnet when i swipe over it . what do ya think. grasshopper would like to know master spence

Hold the button down whilst you make a complete sweep of the magnet pole. The probe must be in contact with the face of the magnet. On relese of the button the meter will give you the maximum gauss that it read. Using this method will also help you identify weak areas and strong areas.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

carlsen meter

thanks spence
      but have you ever swiped it like three times.each tme releasing the button to get the reading and each time .get a different reading each time? and how far above the magnet do you hold it ?

Comment

Just sweeping it over the pickup will give you a different reading each time because of the point you lift off and release the button. You should keep the probe in contact with the pole surface at all times. Don't hover above it at all.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
        X