Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Bright footswitch to fender blues deville 410?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Bright footswitch to fender blues deville 410?

I would really like be able to turn the bright switch on and off from a pedal. I could make the pedal with ease but I'm pretty uneasy about messing with the circuit board.. Attached are a couple pictures of the bright switch. Whats the best way to do this?

First of all, you cannot just cut a trace on the PCB & then run "that" wire 20 feet across a stage to a pedal & then back to the amp.
    Either way you slice it the amplifiers signal is in that trace.
    I would think you will need to build a separate circuit in the amp, close to the existing switch, that can do the switching.
    Then the pedal itself will just switch the circuit.
    A relay, a jfet, a transistor.
    And a power source.
    That could be pulled off of the existing relay supply.

Comment

See the RY1B relay that shorts across C4 immediately to the right of the bight switch?

That is how you do it.

Wire a relay switch across bright switch. Now whenever you turn the relay on, the bright is engaged. That way you are sending just a DC voltage down to the footswitch, NOT any signal path leads.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sounds simple enough. Do you have any idea where I could find a relay safe for audio? Maybe fender would have replacement parts?

Comment

I would chose relays similar to those Fender used, so they would operate on the same power supply voltages already in there. There are tons of small signal relays out there, leaf through the Mouser catalog.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is this guy below the relay I need? P/n GBA-247p, not sure if it says GBA or G6A

Comment

Working...
            X