Schematic for Cort Multi Effect Pedal MIX-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for Cort Multi Effect Pedal MIX-10

I'm working on a Cort "Multi Effect Machine" effect pedal. It is labeled "MIX-10," but there is a sticker on the box covering the "MIX-10" on all four sides. The sticker says "1443." The pedal will not power up and I need the schematic to try trace the fault. I've included some pictures of the item and the box. I really appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Thanks

John
    Attached Files

Hi John, i dont have a sch & a web search doestn come up with much.
    Rule out the obvious first.
    Is the battery good, what is its terminal voltage.
    Does each switch work ok, check with a meter on ohms between switch contacts.
    Will the unit work from an external 9VDC supply.

If the power supply is getting to pin 4 & 8 of each 4558 IC. Is the power supply getting to each MNxxxx ic.
    MN3207, pin 1 0V, pin 5 9V, MN3102 pin 9V pin 3 0V
    Are the output pins of each 4558 sitting at 0V or 4.5V ?

The input goes to the distortion comp first, inject a signal & look at the output of each op amp, do you see signal there.
    Is there a FET on the compressor, check it to see if its ok.

i would guess the internal circuits are copies of common pedal circuits. This box may lend itself to being stripped of parts & a new set of DIY effects built into it. The MN ic's if they are still good can built flangers, delays, chorus etc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have tried it with both a battery and a separate power supply and the result is the same. The fact that none of the effects/LEDs etc. work suggested to me that it ought to be some global sort of fault. You've given me some good ideas for trying to track it down, and I appreciate it.

Comment

Hi johnrcurry.
        I have tried it with both a battery and a separate power supply and the result is the same.
        makes me think that you have connected a wall wart and/or a battery and it didn´t start.
        So far, so good (or bad )
        But not enough !!!
        What Mozwell says is that you don´t stop at that, but trace the +9V DC path, to see where you lose it.
        Connect the black multimeter probe to ground, red to battery + terminal, you *should* have +9V !!!
        (if not, then the ground connection is lost).
        Then follow visually its path, along wires, tracks, switching contacts, connectors, whatever, into the pedal board.
        You should eventually reach pin 8 in all dual Op Amps, where you should find +9V (or maybe a little less).
        Probably their pin 4 is tied to ground.
        Please post results here.
        That old pedalboard is complex because of all the (analog) stuff they crammed there, but in fact it´s 4 very conventional pedals in a single case (and fed from the same battery).
        Good luck.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks, JM. I will follow your advice, along with Mozwell's, and post results.

John

Comment

I had one on the bench this morning with similar issues (no sound, no led's lighting). There was no voltage going to the 2w amplifier ic (sorry, I forgot the part # already) and fault was with the nearby 2sc1815 transistor.

Comment

Denyle,

I appreciate your reply. I'd all but given up. Can you tell me which transitor it was based on the picture of the board I posted?

Thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrcurry View Post
                Denyle,

I appreciate your reply. I'd all but given up. Can you tell me which transitor it was based on the picture of the board I posted?

Thanks

John
                In the 2nd pic, bottom right.

Comment

The one surrounded by capacitors?

Thanks again.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnrcurry View Post
                    The one surrounded by capacitors?

Thanks again.

John
                    Yup

Comment

Denyle,

I just wanted to report back that I replaced the transitor you identified as the possible culprit, and the pedal came back to life. It was just as you thought.

Thanks one and all for your help.

John

Comment

Working...
                      X