Trinity 5E3 Kit Sound Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity 5E3 Kit Sound Clip

I built a Trinity Tweed Deluxe 5E3 kit last May. I finally got around to putting together a video clip with a few different volume and tone settings.
    Many folks ask questions about the interaction between the two volume controls. I did post some of the various volume settings in the video.
    The amp cabinet houses an original '64 Jensen C12N ceramic mag speaker. I resisted the possibility of adding any EQ, compression or reverb, delay,
    or other stuff. Just my stock American series Tele a, a cord and the amp. In my opinion it's a great sounding amp and a great tool that compliments
    other amps you may own. It just depends on what type of music you play and what type of sound you are after I suppose. I very much fell in love with the
    tweed sound after building this amp. It is quite loud for home use. In the video it is very loud, I just controlled the mic gain input through my Fostex digital recorder.
    I was wearing ear plugs while recording the amp. I am in the process now of putting together parts to build a tweed Princeton 5F2A with a 10" alnico speaker.
    I am hoping to get some of that great tweed grind at a more "home-friendly" volume.

Just a tip as a side note:
    I decided to introduce an MXR 6 band EQ to my pedals that I use in front of my amps. I play in a cover band and we have all sorts of tones to cover. The EQ
    was an excellent addition to every amp I own. It allows me to tweak 6 key frequencies of my guitar signal. I can pull some real nice tones at any volume
    settings of the amp. I recommend this to anyone.

Here is the video clip:
    Trinity Deluxe 5E3 Demo Fender Tweed Deluxe Clone - YouTube
Working...
X