Line 6 4X12 vs Line 6 4X12VS Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 4X12 vs Line 6 4X12VS Help please

I have a Spider IV hd 150 solid state head that i'm running through my old home made 2X15 bass cab but the guitar can't push those speakers so i'm looking to buy either the Standard line6 4X12 or the 4X12VS but for the price of the VS i can buy 2 of the standard and make a full stack but of course i'd have to make the stereo inputs mono, what i'm asking is what would sound better The 4X12VS, or 2 of the standard line6 4X12?

If it's any help, I have a Flextone III that I converted into a head and mated to a standard Line6 Spider 4x12 that I got for $150. It's running 16-ohm versions of the same Celestion Seventy-Eighties that came in the Flex. The wiring was a good match - 8-ohm pairs in stereo. Overall, I loved the change - the tone was very similar to the combo setup, but the speakers didn't max out at higher volumes and were pushing a ton more air. I've since rewired the cab to allow for a 16-ohm mono output along with the 8-ohm pairs and am using it with my newer Jet City 50H head (which I'm also very happy with).

I never tried out the bigger Line6 412VS speaker cab. I think it's way too expensive and most of the advice I've seen is that the V30s would probably color the sound too much for a modeling head (which the Flex III and Spider IV are). I truly believe you'll be better off picking up a used Spider 4x12 and seeing where that takes you. They're really cheap used (just saw a used one at Guitar Center for $150 that looked near mint), and built pretty well for what you pay. If you're set on going with something bigger, you should be able to get used Marshall 1960s for $300 all day off Craigslist, which have correct wiring for your needs.

Comment

Working...
    X