No announcement yet.

Peavey KB-1 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1N4148 are like THE generic small signal diodes, used to be 1N914 was common. It really isn't critical, so sure 1N400x should work as well. The diodes are wired reverse bias, so they should do NOTHING until a signal peak exceeds the 15v fails, at which point they clamp it.

I also stock 1N4448 for fender amps, and they would work. There is nothing special or critical about these diodes.

Yes, I would replace both as well.

Last time I looked, admittedly long ago, Radio Shack had packs of like 50 of them for a couple dollars.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I would go for the correct part.
      Other than the fact that the 1N4007 is going to look goofy (you never know who will be looking at your work) I just would.
      Search Result

Comment

SO Radio Shack only coughs up 10 for your $1.99 now. Still, it is the exact part you need.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I replaced D9 and D10 with the 1N4007 that I had. Amp works perfect now. Thank you to all for the expert help and another interesting learning experience.

Somewhere along the way I must have lost the two chassis retaining nut clips where the bolts hold the chassis to the top of the cabinet. Any suggestions on where to find replacements?

Thank you!

Comment

I would call Peavey.
            1-877-732-8391

Comment

you can get clip-nuts ("C-Nuts" or "U-Nuts") at almost any hardware store, or auto parts store.
              These are not the exact same, but they work just fine as a substitute.
              You may have not lost the nuts, they may have broken off, from using a screw gun...
              But check the chassis thoroughly, to make sure they are not stuck under the power amp board.

Comment

Yes, please do indeed look inside the amp to make sure they have not fallen in there, hiding under a board.

Otherwise, those cage nuts can be had from Peavey.

Comment

Working...
                X