Coil tapping..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil tapping..

So I've just recently got into winding pickups... so far so good. Took me a few try's to get used to it.. but it's actually pretty stinkin' fun I think.

I wanna try my hand out some coil tapping. I mostly mess with p90/jazzmaster type pickups. I think it would be great to have a few taps per pickup to compare tonal characteristics between different outputs.

So first of all.. how does it work.. how do you wind a pickup to tap the different outputs. Would you wind to the many wraps you need for the lowest output then solder then solder it to a separate eyelet then keep wrapping to your next output? I'm just guessing.. I really don't know how it works.

Would there be any tonal differences if I just wound two pickups of the different outputs instead of putting them both in one?

Am I making sense?

Originally posted by frenchji View Post
    Would you wind to the many wraps you need for the lowest output then solder then solder it to a separate eyelet then keep wrapping to your next output?
    That's what you do.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X