Yamaha DG Stomp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DG Stomp Problem

Distortion mode on my DG Stomp won't work. I bought it recently and when I received it the lithium battery was rolling around inside. I got the battery in place and it worked fine. Yesterday the distortioin mode quit working. Everything else performed great, just plays in clean mode even when switching to distortion no matter what. Likely shipping damage but maybe someone has a suggestin for troubleshooting? Thanks!

First, I would check the obvious stuff. Wires, jacks, pots, and switches for bad solder connections, loose wires, burnt or hot spots on the pc board, etc.... You might also try connecting everything with the unit opened and turned on. Take a plastic stick or Popsicle stick and try pressing on the PC board in various locations. Sometimes you can pinpoint a bad solder connection this way. If it suddenly works, reflow the solder on all the connections in this spot.

If these look OK, get a volt meter and check the voltage at the power supply.

Reply back here with your results and good luck!!
    CJLectronics

Comment

Found a bad solder joint and now it's good as new. I'm getting brave enough to tinker so the help is priceless. Thank you!

Comment

Dg Stomp Problem

It sounds like you have the pre-amp turned off. Did you check to make sure pre-amp is on? You can bypass the pre-amp so that you can use the stomp purely as an effects device and although the tone controls work somewhat in this format, you can't get any change in the amp types or gain structures. If you need help turning your pre-amp back on let me know.

Comment

She's up and running perfectly in all modes. Thanks for your input Darth!

Comment

If you don't mind responding, what was causing the problem? Thanks!

Comment

Bad solder joint was found. Lucky my friend who is a t5ch had some time to help me look at it and we got it going. Thanks.

Comment

Great! thanks for letting me know.

Comment

hi,
                  i've another problem
                  my exp.pedal out is not working
                  i use a brand new FC7..

is someone familiar with this issue?

Comment

Pages 21, and 25-27 of the manual explains the Expression Pedal modes, calibration and functions. It probably just doesn't know what you want it to do, yet. RTFM is always a good idea

Brad1

Comment

i follow the instruction carefully
                      FC7 didn't response at all, anyone knows why?
                      FC7 is brand new, i bought DG-stomp @ local pawnshop thou..

I'm sorry Brad, what is RTFM? (read the following manual?)

Comment

Originally posted by nouvelti View Post
                        i follow the instruction carefully
                        FC7 didn't response at all, anyone knows why?
                        FC7 is brand new, i bought DG-stomp @ local pawnshop thou..

I'm sorry Brad, what is RTFM? (read the following manual?)
                        Uh...yeah...yeah, that's it!

Try to reinitialize it, and start over? BUT, you may want to try to back it up, first, if you've got any settings you want to save. Go to the following site, and you'll have to sign up for a user account. Then, in the "Files" section, you'll find the DG Stomp Editor, in a RAR download. Don't forget to download the instructions, also. You'll need 2 MIDI cables connected to In and Out of both the computer and DG Stomp. You may want this to use anyway, because it's easier to use to change and save settings, than all the sublevels you have to go through with buttons and knobs on the unit.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/dg-stomp/

Anyway, to reinitialize, turn off, hold "Up" and "Manual" and turn on.

You'll lose any settings you may have entered, but it'll be factory fresh.

Hope this helps,

Brad1

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1
                          Uh...yeah...yeah, that's it!

Try to reinitialize it, and start over? BUT, you may want to try to back it up, first, if you've got any settings you want to save. Go to the following site, and you'll have to sign up for a user account. Then, in the "Files" section, you'll find the DG Stomp Editor, in a RAR download. Don't forget to download the instructions, also. You'll need 2 MIDI cables connected to In and Out of both the computer and DG Stomp. You may want this to use anyway, because it's easier to use to change and save settings, than all the sublevels you have to go through with buttons and knobs on the unit.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/dg-stomp/

Anyway, to reinitialize, turn off, hold "Up" and "Manual" and turn on.

You'll lose any settings you may have entered, but it'll be factory fresh.

Hope this helps,

Brad1
                          Brad,
                          Thanks a lot for the info
                          let me try it first, I will update this issue soon.
                          since I don't have MIDI cable yet
                          maybe I'll just wrote those settings in my scrapbook

Comment

problem solved..
                            dg stomp yahoogroups help a lot!
                            thanks Brad!

Comment

Glad to help.

Brad1

Comment

Working...
                              X