First post and debugging dillema of trinity 5E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post and debugging dillema of trinity 5E3

Hello all, and just found this site and really alot of great info here...hopefully someone can help shed some much needed light on my situation with my First 5E3 Trinity (Toronto On) built..I took my time and double and triple checked everything before I laid the solder to anything and although I missed a few small spots where to wires ran together with solder where I missed a few spots overall the soldering looks good..

right now V2 pin 8 I have no DC voltage to it..from ground to pin 8 I have 56.3 ohm...I checked to make Sure I have the right resistors in the right place in that circuit and it checks out fine...Any ideas what I could look at next..Also, I'm confident all my jumpers on back of board are in their proper locations as I checked that before ...

Thank you and look forward to working with you fine people...

It is shorted out somewhere.
    56.3 ohms suggests a 100 ohm filament balancing resistor short ... or something like that.
    Assuming you actually did mean 56.3ohms and not 56k3 (56,300 ohms), .... unsolder the wire from lug 8 of the tube socket and measure those DC resistances to ground again.. I mean measure the resistance to ground from the socket's lug 8 and then from the end of the free wire.
    You have something wrong and can't see the forest through the trees right now.
    Double check... triple check... quadruple check... makes no difference... there is a simple wiring error or you have the wrong resistor somewhere in there.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Hi Bruce and thank you for the reply...I found out that the instructions tell us to run Shielded wire from V2 pin 2 up to the volume 1 pot on the right side with the conductor and left side with grounded shield...I took that wire right out of there and ran another 20awg solid from V2 pin 2 up to the right side of volume pot and still have 0VDC....but I will do what you've suggested and post again..Thanks again..

Comment

moved thread to another forum...thank you..

Comment

Working...
        X