Amplifer power light dims randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifer power light dims randomly

I've noticed that the light on my Ceriatone Dizzy30 (DC30 clone) seems to fluctuate brightness pretty regularly. I haven't noticed any particular situation in which it dims or brightens, but have definitely noticed it. Any thoughts? I'm wondering if it indicates a problem in the PT?

Thanks!

On some amps, the pilot will dim when driven hard. On others with bayonet or screw-in lamps, sometimes it's the bottom contact that builds up some oxides. It probably is NOT anything to worry about.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Excellent, thank you!

Comment

Or the socket it loose. The lamp socket is more or less held together by the central rivet. If that gets loose, so do the electrical connections. Are the two solder lugs easily moved side to side?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sometimes a small blob of fresh solder on the bottom contact of the lamp will bring them around.
          It freshens the connection and raises the contact height.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjadave7 View Post
            I've noticed that the light on my Ceriatone Dizzy30 (DC30 clone) seems to fluctuate brightness mcdvoice pretty regularly. I haven't noticed any particular situation in which it dims or brightens, but have definitely noticed it. Any thoughts? I'm wondering if it indicates a problem in the PT?

Thanks!
            yeah it is happening with me too. Stuck with the same problem

Comment

Working...
            X