Slash signature Les Paul socket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash signature Les Paul socket replacement

A Slash signature Les Paul was dropped by for a replacement socket, but I'm having difficulty finding a replacement in the UK. The owner has been in touch with Gibson here and he's had no luck at all. He's also taken it round the guitar shops in London and no-one has got (or has ever seen) a replacement.

It's wired for stereo and the jack also has two additional pairs of isolated changeover contacts - one of these is used to switch the DC negative to ground. I believe the socket is close to a Calrad 30-385, though this has 9 pins and the guitar has 8. All it needs is signal left/right and an isolated pair of contacts which make when the jack is inserted.

Cliff in Australia list an S4/9, but this doesn't cross reference to any UK part number. Can't see any Switchcraft items that are even close.

The other idea I'm wondering about is to use something like FET or BJT switching to turn the preamp on - does anyone have any ideas?

This PRO SIGNAL|MJ-188LP-8|SOCKET, 6.35MM, STEREO JACK | Farnell United Kingdom any use? Even as a temporary replacement until you track down the correct part.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
      This PRO SIGNAL|MJ-188LP-8|SOCKET, 6.35MM, STEREO JACK | Farnell United Kingdom any use? Even as a temporary replacement until you track down the correct part.
      Looks like a fair workaround. Was thinking it could be mounting it on a small pcb with a 4 pin header and a corresponding plug on the guitar wiring. That way he could have a couple of spares that would just plug in.

The original part looks pretty fragile, so I don't think this would be any worse. Will get a few in to experiment with.

Thanks,

Mick

Comment

Working...
      X