Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Electrolytic Capacitors get so darn expensive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some guy locally was found burning while attached to some very large cables at a power sub station by a passing motorist a couple months ago. The guy apparently decided that he could get lots of money by stealing those big cables from the sub station to support his meth habit and they had to turn off the power at the sub station to detach his now completely burned body from the wires. They didn't get the power off for two hours after his body had been spotted, and who knows how long he was there before the motorist saw him. What some people will do for a buck.......

Comment

Another idiot messing with power lines
      [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/575152-youfdup.jpg[/IMG]
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Black View Post
        A friend who is an architect told me they have had instances of thieves stealing wire from building jobsites and not bothering to steal power tools left there...
        the thieves may be stealing wire and not the tools because they're stealing the wire, but not their own tools.

don't forget the possibility of an inside job -- a new house in my neighborhood is being built by a union carpenter. funny thing, he's doing his own wiring, and he has a boatload of half spools of wire that he's using. considering that he's already tapped into the utility pole illegally, i'd bet my lunch money that those half spools of THNN wire were all stolen from jobsites where he's worked.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
        X