Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you guys show me some photos of your amp builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this was my first build. It's a Valve Jr with some minor mods, built in a computer power supply. Total cost, about $50.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Done Soldering.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	498.7 KB
ID:	841937

Name:	Chassis Front.jpg
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	841938

This is my second build. This was my own design. a 6U8 triode -> 6U8 pentode -> 12AT7 -> 6V6 SE. This one set me back about $100.

Name:	Final.jpg
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	841939

Name:	Chassis top front.jpg
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	841940

I'm currently working on an 18 Watt Lite style amp. This one is actually going to have a cage and I'm actually going to make it it look nice. Heck, I went all out. Bought turret board and turrets and everything (though I used a hammer and nail instead of an actual staking tool 'cause I'm cheap, even when I'm not being super cheap). It's actually going to be Prince tribute amp. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Comment

• Surely late to this thread, but I just love it when we all get to share images of our builds. Clearly unbelievable talent and gobs of tone on this forum! So, to smack myself on the back, I'd like to submit a recent build from parts laying about. I built everything including: making the board, bending the chassis, making the cab, and final tolex. What precipitated this was that I was enjoying a wonderful Belgian beverage called a Delirium Tremons and it made me think about building a Tremolux. Even more - to build the version with EL84's, but with reasonable voltages, cathode biased, and in a compact form. So combining a few schematics, (Tweed and Blonde Tremolux Versions) and tweaks to make it my own, here's what I came up with. Jammed it all into the size of a Champ with a 8" speaker. Sadly speaker is only 25 watts, so at higher volumes it can't take it, but as a head into a cabinet. Wow. At low volumes with internal speaker, wow as well.

Name:	The-Delirium-Tremolux-2016-front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	841981Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Delirium-Tremolux-2016-back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	841982

Enjoy. Can't wait to see more from the rest of the members!
      Mandopicker

Comment

• Here are a couple of my latest builds. One is sporting a 'Denogginizer' faceplate, but I built both to my 'Caldera' specs so that I could tweak and test more directly. The badge on the nearest amp still needs to be back-filled with black paint.

Faceplates and badges by Mason at TMI Amplification.

And a poorly lit photo of an amp with no feet. This badge was back-filled with gold paint. I think it came out well...

Comment

Working...
        X