No announcement yet.

Wharfedale Titan 12 Active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip! CutePDF is really awesome!

D-CLASS DRIVE BOARD TITAN.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
      Thanks for the tip! CutePDF is really awesome!

[ATTACH]19524[/ATTACH]
      What I really like about Cute PDF Writer (other than the fact that it is free )is the way you can knock down super huge files by separating the pages. This helps when forums have an upload size limit.
      What the program will not do is let you convert 'protected' files

Comment

This schematics of Titan 15a, they are the same.

Comment

Paleeman Thanx for the tip. Replaced those to IC's on driver board. It Works!!!
          Just one question, How hot is the heatsink allowed to get under normal playing situations? I don't have another to compare with.
          It sounds fine. Played for about half hour today, no problems.
          Also what package is the H08 chip in. The ones I got are slightly smaller, but made them fit the board.

Comment

You're welcome!!! Any 08 does the trick. I used SN74LVC2G08 in SSOP style case. Regarding the heatsink temperature, it's quite hot, even in normal operating conditions. Goes up to 65-70 degrees Celsius. Did you replace the FETs in the ouptut stage with the same type? (IRFP 4229)

Comment

Hi Paleeman. Yep replaced with same type Fet. Couldn't get the IR ones but the Vishay ones did the trick just fine.
              Thanx for your help. I can now repair the other ten or so faulty driver boards i have lying around for spares. New boards are so damn expensive here. 500ZAR. Thats about 60USD.

Comment

Hi. Anyone know where I can order these class D driver boards online??

Comment

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?
                  Link: Contact - Wharfedale Hi-Fi

Comment

Hello, could some one send the link to the schematic again.
                    It´s not possible to get the .pdf file, Im only getting a blank page.
                    pls hlp.

Comment

Hi we just one of these in the shop that makes a ticking sound when turned on, so i checked the ic's in the power supply they look good and voltages check fine,when i disconnect the d class amp board it stops and the green power led stops flickering too

Comment

It sounds like the class d amp is the problem.

I do not have a schematic but look for the output ic.
                        It's most probably surface mount.
                        Try removing the chip to see if the output board stops messing with the power supply.

Comment

i pulled the op amp ic and still causing same issue, so i figure maybe another op amp ic is causing the grief, but with a schematic its hard to track down, if i have too will just replace the class d amp board

Comment

Better to just replace Class D driver board. Check those Parallel output caps for Open-circuit. They have a tendency to fail...

Comment

Many things can cause this behavior. It is very hard to narrow it down, based on this particular information. In the meanwhile, I'll re post the schematics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

please post some photo's of the innards.

Comment

Working...
                                X