• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wharfedale Titan 12 Active

hi

schematic anyone?

please

Hello.
    I can post the schematics, but I can do better than that. State your problem and I'll help you solve it. I have quite an experience with these units.

Comment

Dzien dobry
      Attached Files

Comment

Dziękuję bardzo

Comment

Well, at least I understand the >> << part.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by QJerry View Post
            Dziękuję bardzo
            Translation: "Thank you very much"

Comment

Hi Paleeman.

I have a Wharfedale titan12 which has burnt R79 (the 10ohm resistor in series with C54, both across the output for the woofer). The sound never muted even when smoke was coming out. After changing both components (R79 and C54), applying power again, smoke started coming up again so immediately switched the amp off. Did you ever come across such a problem? Thanks for any help you can give

Comment

Hello Quaker.

You have a problem with the D-class drive board. There is an abnormal frequency oscillation present on the LF amplifier output. That is the reason why R79 burns. I can only assume, that you have checked the power supply voltages, if so, the next thing is to carefully check the soldering on the D-class board. And finally, if that doesn't help, replace the IR 2011 an the TC7WH08. In 99% they are the source of the problem. I can email you the schematics (the original manual doesn't have the D-class drive board schematics) . Good luck

regards, Paleeman

Comment

Wharfedale Titan-12A problem

Thanks for your PROMT reply Paleeman . Much appreciate it. Yes the voltages from the power supply section are right. So I will have to get hold of the IR 2011 an the TC7WH08 and will change them. If you can kindly supply the schematic of the drive board, that will be greatly appreciated...... in fact I have a copy of the manual I obtained elsewhere on the net and it is exactly like the one you supplied, it lacks that section. THANKS again for your GREAT help!

Comment

Quaker, your e-mail, please...

Comment

Wharfedale

D-CLASS board schematics
                      D-CLASS DRIVE BOARD TITAN.doc

Comment

Cannot open the 'doc' file.
                        If it is a schematic, try converting it to a pdf format.
                        Any newer Microsoft Office programs can save .doc as .pdf.
                        Or get 'Cute PDF Writer'.
                        It is a free pdf write program.

Comment

Got it! Very nice of you!! THANKS A LOT paleeman!

Comment

dear Jazz P Bass

I am aware of all that. I got the file in this format, and I've been using it since. Maybe you can try an older version of Office, but just to be a fair player , I will convert it to .pdf

regards, Paleeman

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X