Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm in love... with Audacity

Hello all,

I've been looking for a very long time for a simple, cheap way to record digital pickup soundclips for my website.

I had one of the Behringer Guitar Links Steve A. has mentioned in another thread for two years now, but I could never get it to work. I always thought the idea was cool, but the rendition needed help.

After I read Steve's thread, I hauled it out and tried 'just one more time'. I lost the disk, so I went to Behringer and then Native Instruments (Guitar Combos) for a new disk, but found no help there.

I was prowling around on the web and found ASIO4ALL v2, a universal ASIO driver, and Audacity recording software.

I downloaded both to my HP laptop, and in about five minutes I had soundclips I could use!

The only thing I miss is the punchin/punchout foot pedal from my old Tascam 424 deck, because I have to keep reaching over to the keyboard to hit the record and stop buttons.

Now all I have to find is a copy of Audacity for Dummies...

rant over
    Ken
    www.angeltone.com

I've been using Audacity to split individual songs out of the hour+ long recordings of band practices or blues jams that I record with an Olympus LS-7 mini digital recorder (which works fantastic for this BTW). It's a very handy tool for cutting out just the portions I want from the larger file, and even adding a little 'verb to enhance the sound.

Comment

Yeah, you have to love Audacity.
      I use it for burning records on to CD.
      It's great for separating the individual songs.
      If you are careful, you can even remove (cut) really bad pops & clicks.
      Though you do 'lose' a small bit of song information.

Comment

its also great for checking out mysterious backward masking and making custom iphone ringtones (currently Scorps Dark Lady intro and Hagtech's FryBaby)

Comment

I'm curious... how do you make a ringtone?
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
            I'm curious... how do you make a ringtone?
            there are several tutorials online, which you have to find amid all the useless spyware programs which promise the ez way. They involve changing the file suffix to .m4r (usually from .m4a) to get iTunes to recognize it. They may be better methods on a PC or with newer iPhones as I am still rocking a 3GS

for android its probably easier, but I am stuck in iPhone land.

Comment

So funny you are.

Comment

Originally posted by rongzhiji View Post
                So funny you are.
                Is there a spambot in the room?
                Last edited by Steve A.; 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM.
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:
                https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

NO! This kind new member simply finds me to be very humorous! Your jealousy is so unbecoming!

or I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                    NO! This kind new member simply finds me to be very humorous! Your jealousy is so unbecoming!

or I'm wrong...
                    And I thought that he was referring to Ken's clever title...
                    The Blue Guitar
                    www.blueguitar.org
                    Some recordings:
                    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
                    X