No announcement yet.

Crown I-Tech 4000 schematic, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown I-Tech 4000 schematic, please...

Hi.

I have a Crown I-Tech series amp in my repair shop. The left channel suffered a complete "meltdown". I have managed to repair 90% percent of the damage, but now I'm stuck... Service manual or schematics would be greatly appreciated. .

thanks, Laslo

Contact Crown, and ask them for it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, but obviously that was one of the first 10 things I tried, when I begun to look for the manual. From the service center in Hungary I got an answer that the manual for this model is not available for public distribution...I wonder why...after all, this is a discontinued product, or is it not? The right channel is fully functional, so I mirrored quite a lot from it, but there is a slight difference in the component layout...I do not really need the manual for the repair but to enter the amp's service mode...

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea what you had already tried. Believe me, I see people come here asking for a drawing that was posted just above their request.

Service center in Hungary? Did you try contacting the factory here in the USA? In my experience over the years they have always been quick with helpful response.

Some of these papers might be of interest:
        Crown Amplifier Technical Information

And there is some troubleshooting/diagnostics in the middle of this document, maybe of some assistance.
        http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/137289-legacy.pdf
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, for your assistance.
          I have not mentioned, nor defined in my profile that I am from Hungary. I just recently discovered this site, and I find it very friendly, useful and educational. A service technician, like me, with 20 (give or take a few) years of experience is sometimes lost in the strange and hard to comprehend world of after sales and big corporate giants way of thinking. Although I understand it, it still doesn't make sense. For example, in my case, I have an apparatus that I can repair for a total cost of let's say 200$, it benefits me, because I can provide for myself and for my family, it benefits the owner, who, now, doesn't need to spend a couple thousands for a new amp. I am pretty sure that we all agree on this that the companies worldwide are trying to produce devices that are impossible to repair. With the ability to repair, they lose part of their profit, and the process of producing new models is delayed. The other reason for being so secretive is to protect their technology from reverse engineering (which is the plague of modern day electronics).
          Now, before I get too philosophical (and I already did ) I'll bring the topic to one simple question - Why? I've searched everywhere for the manual, I even tried to buy it. I found hundreds of different manuals for Crown, but not for the I-tech. Finally, I got the answer - It is not for public distribution. Why I ask again..It is a discontinued product after all...
          Sorry for blowing off my excess steam, but I know for sure that each one of us has been in a situation like this.

regards to everyone on the forum, Laslo

btw, respect for the thread Not paying attention (been there, done that)
          Last edited by paleeman; 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

This amp appears to be a hi tech beast.
            Here is a paper from Crown on the I output designation.
            http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/137234.pdf
            There is a 48 page manual available also.
            Don't know if that will help with the front panel operation of it.
            http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/137289.pdf

Comment

Thank you, it helped. Today, finally, the amp is 100% percent operational.

To conclude this story; I learnt a valuable lesson for the years to come. Prepare to embrace chaos in the field of repair.

thank you all, Laslo

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                To conclude this story; I learnt a valuable lesson for the years to come. Prepare to embrace chaos in the field of repair.
                Laslo, what a great statement.
                Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Working...
                X