SVT6 power amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT6 power amp

What's it take to coax the output chassis out of this?

Ok, I'm thoroughly embarrassed. I've not had one of these on the bench before. I understand that it's
    a pair of mosfet power amps operating in bridged mode. That's not my issue. I've popped out the
    4 screws on the bottom, the 4 screws on the back at the grille, the fan bracket and the pair of TO-220
    devices on the side of it. It acts like I'm missing a screw on the inside-most corner. Do I have to
    dismount the board to get the output cage out? This just seems evil....
    thanx,
    -ls-

ALL crate amps are evil.

Comment

Not sure what you are describing. The rear grille should come off easy enough, fan ought to have a disconnect. Set that aside. ANy screws through botton or sides are removed.

Don't know what you are facing, but a couple things come to mind. SOmetimes the chassis edge hangs up on a shield underneath. Can you lift the rear edge of the chassis enough to see under with a flashlight? Maybe you'll see what is hanging you up. And sometimes on amps, I find it easier to remove the front grille or fascia board if it interferes with vertical movement of the chassis,so you can lift it over any snags.

To free the front, sometimes you have to demount the preamp assembly and/or remove the metal corner protectors.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Not sure what you are describing. The rear grille should come off easy enough, fan ought to have a disconnect. Set that aside. ANy screws through botton or sides are removed.

Don't know what you are facing, but a couple things come to mind. SOmetimes the chassis edge hangs up on a shield underneath. Can you lift the rear edge of the chassis enough to see under with a flashlight? Maybe you'll see what is hanging you up. And sometimes on amps, I find it easier to remove the front grille or fascia board if it interferes with vertical movement of the chassis,so you can lift it over any snags.

To free the front, sometimes you have to demount the preamp assembly and/or remove the metal corner protectors.
        Thanks folks. I figured it out. Only the top half of the output assembly can come out by itself. The bottom half is built on the main board. Definitely evil.
        -ls-

Comment

?????

The whole darn chassis should come out. Only then would one want to remove parts from that chassis.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X