5e3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5e3?

Hey guys, I've been having some trouble with my 5e3. I was playing it the other day and all of a sudden I got this intermitent clicking sound. when i looked at the amp I noticed that one of the 6v6's was turning blue. I imediatley shut the amp down. I turned on the amp again sometime later and the amp was fine for awhile. then it happened again. Any idea what could be causing this? Could it be a bad connection some where on that tube socket? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck.

First step would be to swap the 6V6 tubes between the sockets to see if the problem follows the tube, or if it is specific to the socket. If it follows the tube, replace the tube and that should cure it.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
      First step would be to swap the 6V6 tubes between the sockets to see if the problem follows the tube, or if it is specific to the socket. If it follows the tube, replace the tube and that should cure it.
      Hey Loudthud, thanks for the reply. I'll do that check later tomorrow and grt back to you with the results.

Chuck.

Comment

Working...
      X