Noob Humbucker Start Lead Wire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Humbucker Start Lead Wire Question

A few people have offered some assistance in this area but I thought I'd open it up to other opinions.

I'm trying to start winding humbuckers and realized I don't know the best way to run/place the start lead wire. I've taken a few pickups apart and they seem to run differently. How do you guys do it?

I've seen/heard a few different methods and I'm wondering which is best and why?

Do you run it through the hole on the bobbin flange vertically up the winding surface? Do you lay the lead on the inside bottom corner? Do you lay it on the outside of the coil on the longside of the bobbin? Do you something entirely different?

Thanks,
    Dave

I run it through the hole at the bottom flange then tape the soldered joint so that it sits perpendicular to the flange.

Comment

Me too. It works either way, there's no one right way to do it.

Comment

I run it through the bottom as well. Much easier to work with during assembly that way with less chance of wire breakage.

Comment

I don't use the hole at all. I run the magnet wire out the end of the bobbin and connect it to the lead wire after it's wound.

Comment

Working...
          X