Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type molex connectors is Gibson using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type molex connectors is Gibson using?

I have been getting a lot of the newer Gibson products in for repairs and they have a PC board to which the controls and even input jack are soldered. The pickups are attached to the circuit board with Molex 2 wire connectors and none of the local electronics stores have this size. Does anyone know if this is the "micro" size and where I can buy connectors and the appropriate crimp/remover tools?

Thanks,
    Tim

I don't know the answer, but have you looked through some of the online catalogs?

Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor

Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page

Jameco Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor

US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hey thanks for the note.
      I am on Mouser and DigiKey a lot buying components for amps that I repair and build, but the problem is there are so many Molex connectors. Since I don't know exactly what I am looking for makes it near impossible to narrow down the search. I think I am going to see if I can get someone at Gibson to reply to my inquiry.

Comment

Got a pic? We use the Molex KK series a lot, 0.1 inch pitch.
        JST also make 0.1" pitch connectors with a different style of housing. BHR-something or other.

Crimping the terminals is a PITA. Without the proper tool, you'll be reduced to squeezing the contacts with pliers and soldering them to make sure they stay on. I've seen a crimp tool available relatively cheaply on Ebay, that claims to do Molex KK and most of the other similar sized pins.

Connectors much smaller than 0.1" pitch are available, but I doubt the Ebay crimp tools would work on their minuscule pins. If I need to work with those, I buy a bundle of wires with pre-crimped pins on the ends.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X