Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapped Pickup Wiring Idea

Hey guys,
    any reason why this wouldn't work? Am looking at something wrong here?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Coil-Tap Idea.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	865194

I also thought that it may be possible to wire the finish lead permanently to ground and then run the tap to a switch that, when activated, grounds the tap, thereby shunting the extra, outer windings. The reason I want to use the start wire for my positive output is because my pickups seem to have less buzz and hum when I do. Thanks.
    Last edited by raygun85; 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM.

Originally posted by raygun85 View Post
    Hey guys,
    any reason why this wouldn't work? Am looking at something wrong here?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17652[/ATTACH]

I also thought that it may be possible to wire the finish lead permanently to ground and then run the tap to a switch that, when activated, grounds the tap, thereby shunting the extra, outer windings. The reason I want to use the start wire for my positive output is because my pickups seem to have less buzz and hum when I do. Thanks.
    Yes that will work.
    If feeding the start lead, and winding over Rod magnets?
    Make sure the magnets are insulated well and the wire doesn't short to the magnets.
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm winding a P-90 type pickup with screw pole-pieces. So there shouldn't me any trouble with the wire toughing the poles. Thanks again for the reply, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Comment

Working...
      X