No announcement yet.

Marshall Cabinet Radius for corners???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Cabinet Radius for corners???

Ok, so I have been searching and searching for the appropriate radius for the corner round over on Marshall plexi amps, for both the head cabinet and speaker cabinet. I've heard 1", 3/4", 7/8", 22mm....does anyone know what it actually is (or close to it).

thanks much!
    -david

I'm assuming you are building a head cab...

It really depends on what tool you are using to do it. If using a hand router, you have to figure for the guide bearing--that limits the depth. On a router table or shaper, with a fence, different story. You can also use a bigger radius bit, but have the depth set shallow...

Plus, no matter what you use, the eye will just make it look like a "radius", even if it's not exactly the same as the original. That's the beauty of "fairing".

I generally consider the leaping-off point to be half the thickness of the material, when discussing sheet stock (plywood) or similar dimensions of solid lumber in this context. Season to taste (what's on hand, or already in the router!).

I know I didn't specifically answer your question, my old Marshall is not in front of me right now, but I hope that was helpful. If not, well, carry on!
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

I think the radius on a Marshall cab is 1/2 inch.

Comment

Working...
      X