TS-808 Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-808 Clone

I'm working on this thing for a buddy of mine. I actually built it from kit a while back and recently it stopped passing signal altogether. I opened it up and found one of the jacks had a solder tag resting against the pedal housing. I adjusted it so that it wasn't grounding out and the pedal instantly started working again like normal during a short play test.

Before giving it back to him I decided to test it again. I played through it for about half an hour and it started fading out to nothing. A quick bang on the housing and the signal would fade back in. Sometimes it would fade back in on its own. I've looked through it and everything appears to be normal and tight. I read voltage at all of these points and everything is seems normal.

Can having a pot leg grounded damage anything in the circuit?

Here's the schematic I built it from, as well as the voltage list. I checked them all with a supply voltage of 9.47vdc. Everything was just slightly higher than the list of voltages, seemingly in line with the ~half volt higher actual supply. TS-808 Clone
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Also, while I'm at it, does anyone have a schematic for a Boss AW-2 Auto Wah? It passes signal turned on or off, but has no effect when switched on.
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Here: BOSS AUTOWAH AW-2 Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

You'd be surprised how often you can just do a Google image-search for a pedal and the schematic shows up. They aren't ALWAYS accurate, or the specific one you're looking for, but in this instance it is the Boss factory schem.

Comment

Working...
      X