dead output transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
    Chuck, the Selmer SV amps had silicon diodes, not a tube rectifier. I don't know where this talk of rectifier tubes came from.
    Here:

Originally posted by serge1808 View Post
    inspecting the valves they are all really old ( i think some of them may even be original) the rectifier valve was actually mis-shaped as though it had melted but as i said even with these removed the fuse still blows.
    A glass envelope or plastic base that got so hot as to warp and melt is a really bad sign.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I ignored this since the SV amps don't have a rectifier tube. Not that I know of anyway.

But yes, if some tube has got hot enough to melt the glass, that is bad. It may be the reason for the blown diodes, and it may cause more expensive damage later if it's not fixed. Replacing the tube would be a good start. What kind of tube is it, can you see a number printed on it?
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
      X