Bought a tube tester and need 9 pin adapter for octal tube socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a tube tester and need 9 pin adapter for octal tube socket

I just acquired a Precision 912 tube tester. There is no 9 pin socket and the octal-9pin adapter included is wired pin#-pin# which does not work for 12AX7 tubes I need to test. An Internet search did not come up with any readily available adapters. Does anyone know of a source where to purchase those? Otherwise I will have to make my own adapter.
    Thanks for any input.
    "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Originally posted by kka View Post
    ...There is no 9 pin socket and the octal-9pin adapter included is wired pin#-pin# which does not work for 12AX7 tubes I need to test...
    If the tester came with the adaptor as you describe then I would think that the test setup instructions for a 12AX7 would allow for testing with that adaptor. You only need to connect to 8 of the 9 pins of a 12A_7 type tube if the heaters are powered in series on 12.6 Volts.
    Do you have the test setup instructions?
    Tom

Comment

I figured it out. The adapter's pin 9 to ground connection (external cable) had a loose contact. Now everything is working and tested a bunch of 12AX7 tubes successfully. Thanks very much for the help.
      "Tubes are less likely than semiconductor devices to be destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse produced by nuclear explosions and geomagnetic storms produced by giant solar flares."

Comment

Working...
      X