Silvertone 1464 trem oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1464 trem oscillator

I've got a Silvertone 1464 in today with the tremolo not working (no output from the LFO). Everything else is ok and it looks well-maintained. I don't have a schematic for this amp and can't find one searching, but I do have the schematic for the 1465.

Is the trem circuit in the 1464 the same as the 1465? From what I can tell, it looks like the 1464 is just a lower-voltage version of the same design with a couple of parts substitutions.

Tremelo Fix - Easy

Originally posted by jamesmafyew View Post
    I've got a Silvertone 1464 in today with the tremolo not working (no output from the LFO). Everything else is ok and it looks well-maintained. I don't have a schematic for this amp and can't find one searching, but I do have the schematic for the 1465.

Is the trem circuit in the 1464 the same as the 1465? From what I can tell, it looks like the 1464 is just a lower-voltage version of the same design with a couple of parts substitutions.
    I just recently repaired a 1464 tremelo circuit that had a burned-out incandescent lamp. Go get a CM6838 lamp from Mouser (Mouser part # 606-CM6838) and open up the "roach" and carefully remove the LDR. I used some shrinkable tubing to hold the lamp very close to the LDR. Shrink the tubing with a lighter or heat gun. Be careful of too much flexing of the lamp leads - they are very small and will break if flexed too much. It worked as good as the original I am sure. The original roach is not available anywhere I could find.

Comment

Working...
    X