Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head cab with illuminated plexi panel

Hi all,

I built a head cab for a Phaez amp kit (which I also built), and I decided to try my luck at an illuminated plexi panel after reading Chunkitup's thread. I didn't go to great lengths to retrofit the LEDs into the cab; rather, I used an LED strip that was secured to the chassis. There is a mixture of back-lighting and edge lighting with the current setup, and I quite like it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stormbringer; 04-06-2012, 03:00 PM.

looks nice, I might put it up top to get better downward knob illumination. Whats the voltage on the strip? You could go with a piranha RGB strip and control it with one of Big Clives units for a full spectrum of choices, with the encoder on the back, or if you tied it internally to an existing knob, you could have the color reflect the gain or volume even, semi like the old PV Ultra+ (which just had 3 colors for channel select)

Hows it sound?

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      looks nice, I might put it up top to get better downward knob illumination. Whats the voltage on the strip? You could go with a piranha RGB strip and control it with one of Big Clives units for a full spectrum of choices, with the encoder on the back, or if you tied it internally to an existing knob, you could have the color reflect the gain or volume even, semi like the old PV Ultra+ (which just had 3 colors for channel select)

Hows it sound?
      Thanks for the great suggestions. I didn't consider trying to illuminate the control panel. Next time, I think I will recess individual LEDs into the sides and possibly add some additional illumination from above or below. I'll use a thicker panel (this was only 3 mm) so that the edge-lighting works better (with less inner illumination and again no control-panel illumination).

The LED strip runs on 12V power. Can you point me to a thread with Big Clive's control units?

The amp sounds good, although I typically add a Barber OD pedal or two up front to increase gain. With that setup, it sounds phenomenal to me.

Comment

Working...
      X