Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashdown Abm 500 Evo III Schematic?

Hi,

Any one can help and share the schematics for this amp ?
    I already asked Ashdown on their website, but no reply yet ...
    Need to do a full check-up soon and this would help me.

Thank you
    LF

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Upper right on the page is the search window, enter "ashdown schematic" and check out the responses. A number of threads have posted ABM500 series drawings. See if they cover you.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you Enzo.

I have allready performed a search and didnīt found what iīm looking for.
      I found the schematics for the ABM 500 Evo II but i need is for the ABM 500 Evo III.

I will perform a search again.

Cheers
      LF

Comment

Well, that specific model may not be on here, but I often use the "wrong" schematic when the wrong parts are not where I am working. In other words, if I have a preamp problem, and the schematic I can find uses the same preamp but with a larger power amp, then it still does what I need, if you follow me.

I don;t offhand know what the differences are between the series II and the series III. Can you tell where the series II differs from your unit?

SOmetimes there are identifiers on the circuit boards. Names or model numbers maybe. And they might identify where an amp is the same as some other model. An example of that is Fender uusing the same board for the Hot Rod Deluxe, Hot Rod DeVille, Blues Deluxe, and Blues DeVille. Certain parts were installed or not installed as need be.

I'll see if I can find your schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Simply judging from the front panels, the EVOIII added a compressor circuit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thatīs correct Jazz P Bass, the diference from the Evo II to the Evo III is the compressor circuit.

Iīm a bass player and just a curious guy in this electronic stuff, circuits, etc. and iīve had problems with this bass amp for three times and the technician who repaired it changed transistors and resistors (i donīt know if this is the right technical term) and didnīt solved my problem.

The schematics that he has is from the abm evo II and heīs suspicious that the problem is in any component or circuit from the preamp section, he allready sent an email to ashdown engineering but they didnīt replied him yet.

I just need it working properly to use it as an backup amp or sell it, this way do not serve any propose.
            Thank you guys for your help and sorry about my bad english (blame the google translate)

Cheers
            Luís

Comment

I can't seem to view/download these schematics. Could you post them again please?
              Thanks,

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by apl4 View Post
                I can't seem to view/download these schematics. Could you post them again please?
                Thanks,

Alan

If you cant get the linked above or it isn't what you need try asking Ashdown here. I wrote them an email and they sent me an Electric Blue schemo.

Technical Support - Ashdown Engineering

Comment

Working...
                X