Behringer LX1-112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer LX1-112

Need some info on a Vampire LX1-112 . anyone have the scem ?

If you do and "cant" share it , can you please just tell me the value of the following pots ? all i know is they are square shaped Alps brand . Part # would be great too !

Reverb

Gain

Amp Model

EDIT------- i see Mouser has similar Alps 9mm pots ... ?

if needed , my email is 493dart at gmail
    Last edited by Valvehead; 04-11-2012, 04:35 AM.

All I have handy is the LX1BPro. But assuming they are similar...

First Behringer often, if not usually, silk screens not only the part number but also its value on the board. You may have to remove a part to see it, but see if it says S instead of VR. VR for variable resistor is their sumbol for a pot. If your amp is what I think it is, those are not pots, they are encoders. And they would have S for switch next to them. Is that the case?

Especially when I see Amp Model as one of them.

Encoders will not measure out like a pot. Pin 4 is common, and pins 1 and 2 alternately switch on and off to it. Do those controls go all the way around?

If a pot, they probably printed 50k or whatever on the board. It also is usually printed on the side of the pot. If it is an encoder, there still may be a part number on it. Mouser has encoders too, I find it easier to fish for them by leafing through the paper catalog rather than online.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo-- I think they are pots . 2 mounting tabs and 3 pins on each of those. If you look in your paper catalog--look at Alps pots , 9mm , plastic shaft--i think they are called vertical.

I cant see anything without pulling them off the board -- guess i will pull them

Comment

I'll have to dig up that specific schematic then. The encoders look just like the pots though. Usually they go all the way around, while pots do not. And if nothing else, you can use an ohm meter to see if they act loke pots of if they sit there switching off and on as you rotate. No S or VR printed next to them on the board?

OK, the boards are the same, I looked. Those controls you list are all encoders, with numbers S1 through S9

Behr part number is 887-73811-12842

Look at the encoders pages in MOuser. Not sure, but I'd assume they would be in the switches section.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ok-- i was able to turn the "pots" (no shafts) --you are correct sir- all are encoders. One has 16 detents . i will check mouser

Comment

cool--I found them at Mouser -- thanks Enzo

Comment

Hi!
              If someone have problem with broken pots (encoders) I make photo for repair.I wish to order encoder, but shipping cost 10 times more than encoder.I was angry and deside to solve this problem other way.
              Just follow pictures and tekst.it is easy, but take some time.
              BUT YOU MUST FROM THE END TO START, beacuse pictures not in correct order.But this is all.Good luck and reapiring without buying new encoders!
              Zoran

Shrani.si - Brezpla?na spletna shramba za va?e slike

P.s. sorry for some mistake in my bad English.

Comment

Working...
              X