Behringer v-tone gmx212 guitar input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer v-tone gmx212 guitar input jack

Recently bought a secondhand Behringer V-TONE GMX212 AMP......came to plug the guitar in and the jack socket disappeared down the back of the panel.
    Having taken the chassis out and located the jack socket found the threaded part broken - only had two threads left on it so locking nut on front panel wouldn't have been able to hold it securely.
    Tried to locate a Behringer spares supplier on the web and tried Behringers home page but to no avail.
    This is how I fixed my amp: purchased a small plastic components box with a screw down lid ( 9mm x 5mm ) and a metal 6.3mm jack socket found in electric guitars.
    At one end of the box I drilled a 10.5mm hole so the connector from the jack socket pcb would pass through it, at the other end of the box I drilled a 6.5mm hole to accomodate a guitar cable.
    I made up a short cable with an angled mono jack plug fitted at one end.....inserted it into the original Behringer jack socket and placed it in the plastic box - fed the cable from the pcb through the 10.5mm hole and re-connected it to the rear of the front panel, fed the bare end of the guitar cable through the 6.5mm hole and soldered it to the contacts of the new metal jack socket, then fitted the new socket to the panel, screwed down the plastic box lid to isolate the behringer jack socket from the rear of the panel.
    Having re-assemled the amp.....plugged in and away we go.....good as new if not better.
    Hope this may be of use to others who have had this problem with the cheap plastic Behringer guitar jack socket.

Hey, at least you got it working. Welcome to the forum.

When those break, I usually just install a Switchcraft in its place.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Hey, at least you got it working. Welcome to the forum.

When those break, I usually just install a Switchcraft in its place.
      Thanks Enzo for your welcome message.
      I stumbled upon this site purely by accident trying to find a Behringer spares supplier, having read on this site and others, the problems people had with the Behringer Jack Sockets being flimsy and breaking, just felt I had to offer an easy and very cheap way of getting their amps up and running again.

Comment

Well, one thing to consider: problems are over-represnted on the internet. When a kid buys and amp and it breaks, he goes online and complains. When a kid buys an amp and it works like it should - which is most of the time - he doesn't come on and tell the world. So online discussion, as I like to say, are like hanging around the Best Buy store service counter, you only meet people with problems.

I am in the service industry, and there is a big difference between "these parts fail a lot" and "if these amps fail, this part is the most likely."
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X