Looking For BUZ901/906 MOSFETS for a Mesa M-Pulse 600 or ALF08P/N20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For BUZ901/906 MOSFETS for a Mesa M-Pulse 600 or ALF08P/N20V

Ive got a Mesa Mpulse here that Ive been asked to fix before sunday to help get some lads out of trouble while on tour. Ive tryed RS and they cant get me the parts before monday. Ive looked at the data sheets and the ALF08P/N20V FETS look like a suitable replacement but Im struggling to get either. If anyone help me get these lads up and running again it would be a great. Im near manchester in the uk as I cant seem to find were it lets me put than in my sig.

Thanks Kris

How many are blown? If only a few, you could just remove them and it might last for another gig on the remaining good ones. Then again it might not. Seeing as it blew up in the first place, it's possibly not up to the job even with a full set of the things.

Another brand you could try is Exicon MOSFETs from Profusion, which are equivalent to the Alfet and Magnatec ones. They all have the same silicon dice inside, made by Semelab.

If you can find any of the above at 5pm on a Friday for next day shipping, buy a lottery ticket!
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Ive got it running now on the remaing good ones and it seems pretty stable. The speakers Markbass cabs are both blown Im assuming its pumped out atlot of dc into them. I was thinking they may of used a bad speaker lead but that wouldnt explain the cabs. What are the part numbers for the exicon replacments. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Don't know, are they TO3 or plastic packaged? The plain BUZ901/906 are TO3. The plastic ones are the BUZ901P etc. Check it out for yourself.
        Lateral Mosfet

Maybe if you're "only able" to fix one of the cabs, that will help it stay alive. If they don't have two, they can't run two in parallel.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Were only able to fix one of the cabs anyway due to having only replament 15's so thats not a bad thing I suppose. They are the 906p and 901p so im guessing ECX10N20R and ECX10P20R are the ones. Cheers Kris

Comment

Working...
          X