Numark EM-460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numark EM-460

I just inherited (bought) a Numark EM-460 from a customer because we were unable to get a schematic from Numark and the guy needed a mixer for a gig. Sold him a Mackie I had repaired earlier.
    Anyway does anyone have a schematic for this thing before I salvage it and scrap the rest.
    I don't want a research project to find the noise issue in the unit.
    I found a EM-360 schematic but its nowhere close!
    Its a long shot but I thought I would throw it out there.

No help here.

But if it were mine, I'd set it up so the noise was present, and scope the output pins of the op amps. You probably have a noisy one. NO schematic needed if so.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      No help here.

But if it were mine, I'd set it up so the noise was present, and scope the output pins of the op amps. You probably have a noisy one. NO schematic needed if so.
      There is help here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dr! you are a great person! Thank you! I have done everything but pull teeth to get this!
        I hope I can return the favor one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
          Dr! you are a great person! Thank you! I have done everything but pull teeth to get this!
          I hope I can return the favor one day.
          Hi Techknowman,
          Thank you very much for your compliment.
          Surely I will transfer your opinion to my wife: let she also knows who I am.
          You can send to my private message box the picture of the aforementioned teeth as evidence.

Comment

I got that numark out of my hair. It turned out the noise was coming from the kaoss pad. Wouldn't have found it without schematic.
            The schematic didn't have the kaoss pad info on it but a little scope circuit traceing lead me to a bad surface mount filter cap in the D to A section of the Kaoss pad.

Comment

Way cool repair.
              Thanks.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread. But I also have an EM460, two actually, up for repair and modifications, and that schematic would be a tremendous aid. Unfortunately the one linked appears to have vanished, so if anyone still has a copy...

Glad to have found this site either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Metatronic Mods View Post
                  Sorry to revive an old thread. But I also have an EM460, two actually, up for repair and modifications, and that schematic would be a tremendous aid. Unfortunately the one linked appears to have vanished, so if anyone still has a copy...

Glad to have found this site either way.
                  Okay, once more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                    Okay, once more.
                    Thank you for answering my call. But I think I may have troubled you for no reason. I still can't open the attachment you posted. Does this forum have rules about newbies not opening attachments?

Comment

No, it's not the problem with the newbies. It's a problem with the software that is used for the forum: vBulletin. It seems that it is not set up properly. The error was discussed on the vBulletin forum more than 10 years ago:
                      https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...load-clear-gif
                      Download problem - Page 2 - vBulletin.org Forum
                      I think that this is just a configuration problem but no one knows how to fix it. Some PHP developer is needed .
                      There is a workaround to the problem - the file should have changed name and uploaded again. Doctor?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                        Okay, once more.
                        Doctor.
                        You need to 'zip' the file.

Comment

The problem is the older post, the file name exists, but the file is now empty. result of a server crash some years back. You download an empty file. If we repost the same file, it knows and leaves the old (empty) file in place. Zipping the file or changing its content gets around this. Zipping is easy. I myself like to add an "NZ" to my file to make it different.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            The problem is the older post, the file name exists, but the file is now empty. result of a server crash some years back. You download an empty file. If we repost the same file, it knows and leaves the old (empty) file in place. Zipping the file or changing its content gets around this. Zipping is easy. I myself like to add an "NZ" to my file to make it different.
                            Thanks,Enzo.

I really forgot about this problem.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X