Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An exquisite italian handmaded booster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An exquisite italian handmaded booster...

See it on YouTube:
    - ASAR Guitar Butter Booster (SLoCLone);
    - ASAR Guitar Butter Booster (SLoCLone) 1;

The prototype that you see in the video has a circuit with four N-channel JFET: two in the input stage and two in the output buffer. Both stages are active loaded, but the input stage is not like that of Jack Orman style, but is more evolved.
    The high performance power supply employs two LM317T to maximize performance and minimize the hum.
    Preamplifiers and all stages that receiving the first signal from the pick ups has a huge responsibility and must be absolutely quiet to not disturb the harmonics produced by the guitar, as well as to not be annoying when the strings are stopped.

For any questions please contact me to altersonus@gmail.it.
    Or here, of course.Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto-B4 230412.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	865344
    Last edited by Walking Eagle; 04-28-2012, 07:35 PM.

I want to modify/add what have wrote above, but don't appears the "EDIT" button. Because?

Comment

I think that the forum software has been configured so that there's only a limited amout of time after posting during which the message can be edited; I'm not sure what that time is - 24 hours?
      Pete.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Right, there is only a limited time to edit posts. The purpose of edits is to correct mistakes, not make a continuous thing of it.

And product advertisements really belong down in the "flea market - buy sell trade" section rather than up in this section.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Looks like it was exquisitely handmade from an old coffee can. I hope it's a NOS Italian espresso can?
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Looks like a 35mm bulk film can to me.
            But then I'm a photographer and tend to see "photo" things everywhere, so ...
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

An exquisite cookie to eat with tea.

Thank you, Pete.

Thank you, Enzo. You're right. I will move this thread on "flea market - buy sell trade," as you suggest. But I must first remove the thread from here. Would you be so kind as to tell me if this is possible and how? It 's strange, your name reminds me in some way, Italy.

Steve, you really like the Italian coffee, is true? I also really like old scotch whisky... I hope we'll become friends. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it is not a NOS italian expresso, but a danish butter cookies box (delicious with tea at 5 pm…). Indeed, it was a butter cookies box, but now contains some strange electronic circuits.

Okay, J.M., I'm not a photographer, but as you saw, I know how to work with the 35mm (!?).

Comment

Enzo reminds you of Italy because he is actually Enzo Ferrari. ;-) He has a sideline repairing pro-audio gear when the car business is quiet.

I'll move this thread to the flea market for you.
                "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Vroom...

So the mid point on the scale between Scotch whiskey and Italian coffee is Danish butter cookies? Who knew?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Brunetti... Masotti... Cicognani... Ferrari...

Oh yeahhh!!! Now I know why it reminded me of Italy, Enzo: you are Enzo Ferrari, the owner of the legendary "Enzo Ferrari Amplification". What guitarist does not dream of owning a Ferrari stack or a combo amp?
                    I could not imagine that you had the time to build cars. Judging from your amplifiers, also imagine that your car will be special...
                    But I bet you did not know either that the middle point Between French champagne and Russian caviar are the German wurstels.
                    Many believe it was strudel, especially in Japan and America.
                    Instead strudel is the middle point between vodka and camembert.
                    Ehhh ... this Europe, so refined ... but also so unpredictable, sometimes...
                    Thanks for moving my thread in the flea market.
                    Maybe one day tell me how you did it well ... or if I just read the forum rules to understand (!).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Booster on the bench II.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	825224Click image for larger version

Name:	Booster on the bench.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	825223

The official version of the booster/preamp, in the works ...

Comment

Buon giorno, Aquila a Piedi. Il hovercraft sta pieno di eels il pedale sembra grande, continuate cosė e battiti Lazio Roma.
                        Valvulados

Comment

Buon giorno a te, jmaf. Pių che Aquila a piedi, sarei esattamente "Aquila che Cammina". Perdonami, ma le frasi "Il hovercraft sta pieno di eels", come anche "continuate cosė e battiti Lazio Roma" non mi sono molto chiare...

Hi, jmaf. What's "hovecraft"? Could you repeat what you wrote in English, please?

Thank you, my friend! Molte grazie, amico mio!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Eagle View Post
                            Buon giorno a te, jmaf. Pių che Aquila a piedi, sarei esattamente "Aquila che Cammina". Perdonami, ma le frasi "Il hovercraft sta pieno di eels", come anche "continuate cosė e battiti Lazio Roma" non mi sono molto chiare...

Hi, jmaf. What's "hovecraft"? Could you repeat what you wrote in English, please?

Thank you, my friend! Molte grazie, amico mio!
                            Ciao, Aquila che Cammina, come stai?

I have tried to learn Italian for a long time but obviously I didn't do too well

The phrase "Il hovercraft sta pieno di eels" comes from here : Monty Python - Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook - YouTube - Anyone who clicks on that, prepare to laugh your pants off.

"continuate cosė" - Meant that pedal is looking great, keep up the good work!!!

"e battiti Lazio Roma" - I have no idea what this meant.
                            Valvulados

Comment

Ciao, jmaf. Sto benone, grazie.
                              Italian is a language quite challenging to learn, both for the pronunciation to grammar.
                              If it's any consolation to you, my English is terrible! I can not help but help me with Google translator ...
                              I have to learn, however, because if you can do without Italian (except for those who live in Italy, of course), English is important for everyone.
                              I'll see the link on YouTube that you told me, so I'll laugh ...
                              "continuate cosė": I know what I mean! Thanks for the appreciation and encouragement!
                              Lazio and Rome are the two most important soccer teams in the capital. I cared for Rome, but now I do not love soccer...
                              See you soon.
                              A presto!

Comment

Working...
                              X