Chandler Tone-X active tone circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler Tone-X active tone circuit

Hi, guy i was looking for the Chandler Tone-X circuit schematic for a les paul :

Chandler Musical Instruments - Electronics: Tone X

This is the circuit that Joe Perry uses in his Gibson les paul and give a different caracter a his guitar, i was reading that is a wah wah active circuit that give a 16 db mid boost, i want to know if someone have the schematic for building it.

Regards

Juan Motta

The one that I had when they first came out was an exact copy of a crybaby in a miniature form. So just build a crybaby on a small pc board and have fun.

Comment

Why not build one in a metal box like a stomp box with the pot on the top, then add a bypass switch. Then you can tweak the spot for tone you like and then kick it on or off as needed?

Doesn't Michael Schenker use a crybabay to get his tone? Sounds like he did oh his 1980 album (The Michael Schenker Group) Just think (Into the Arena) awesome tune)...

Cheers

Comment

MICHAEL SCHENKER [ INTO THE ARENA ] [IV] LIVE,2004 - YouTube

Comment

Good idea!! i don´t know that is posible to have the same tone with an external device!! i have another cuestion, i have played in a ephipone joe perry les paul and i found that when i put the in middle position in the pickup selector, the tone circuit is activated and the gain get down, the guitar sound more like a single coil pickup...

why is that?

Here is the schematic:

http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/lpjpwiring.gif

Regards

Juan Motta

Comment

Originally posted by cenizasblancas View Post
            Good idea!! i don´t know that is posible to have the same tone with an external device!! i have another cuestion, i have played in a ephipone joe perry les paul and i found that when i put the in middle position in the pickup selector, the tone circuit is activated and the gain get down, the guitar sound more like a single coil pickup...

why is that?

Here is the schematic:

http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/lpjpwiring.gif

Regards

Juan Motta
            The Tone X circuit is the last thing before the output jack, so an external box version should work just fine.

If the middle switch position makes the volume drop and the tone get brighter, it may be that the pickups are wired out of phase.

Comment

The Tone X circuit is the last thing before the output jack, so an external box version should work just fine.

If the middle switch position makes the volume drop and the tone get brighter, it may be that the pickups are wired out of phase.
              Yes!! you are right here in the gibson page, says that the neck pickup is out of phase:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Les-Paul.aspx

"For added versatility, at Perry’s request, the neck pickup has been wired reverse-polarity for funky out-of-phase tones in the middle position."

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X