Quad coil wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad coil wiring

Hello. I'm new to the forum, but I've lurked around the site for a while and have gotten a lot of great info here. I recently decided I wanted to build some pickups (just for the proverbial giggles). I thought up a quad coil pickup (turns out that Bartolini and Delano beat me to the punch )
    I was trying to think of how to wire it up with a rotary switch. I don't really know squat about wiring, but I've been looking at diagrams and reading posts, and I think I'm starting to understand; at least a little. Originally, I was doing a quad coil with 8 conductors and was having trouble figuring out how I was going to wire it up. After doing some more research, I decided to make it like the Bartolini quad coil and have 6 instead of 8.

My problem is I'm not sure how to wire it up in reverse P-Bass configuration in series. Over on the TalkBass forum someone was helping me and suggested the solution you'll see in the diagram. But I don't see how it is correct. I don't see how it leaves the B coil out of the circuit. I'm unsure of why I would need to connect pole 4 to pole 3 to pole 2. Originally, I was going to connect pole 4 to pole 2, then pole 1 to signal; it still left me thinking that coil B was still in the circuit.

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
Working...
X