Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated Blades

Hello,
    After viewing a few threads on blade pickups I have a a question. Would The laminations used for transformers and small motors provide the proper material for pickup blades? It seems they may have all of the properties needed without all of the trial and error from the metalurgical aspect. I would appreciate any opinions on this as I would like to try using that material. Thank You in
    advance for any reply.

I can't help you and I expect you to get a satisfactory answer.
    Tough job, tough day, tough world. Life is not always sweet. That's life!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica1988 View Post
      I can't help you and I expect you to get a satisfactory answer.
      And, Just what does that mean?
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Kinnman seems to make it work so as Jessica says you may find satisfaction. Are you going to saw up old xformers?

BT, it's a bot.

Comment

I know, and a cute one!
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Laminated Blades

Originally posted by David King View Post
            Kinnman seems to make it work so as Jessica says you may find satisfaction. Are you going to saw up old xformers?

BT, it's a bot.
            Hello,
            I have some electric motors, also some transformers out of some solid state stuff I disassembled. None of them are of the sacred variety used for amplifiers and such. Could you further elaborate on the Kinnman aspect
            I am aware of Kinnman pickups. I looked up the patent and they are just stacked single
            coils. I did not see any laminations
            Last edited by SpareRibs; 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM. Reason: Add more

Comment

BT, it's a bot.
              Dam !!!! I thought we had a hot chickie winder
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hello,
                Ever wonder why more women don't post ?????

Comment

Originally posted by SpareRibs View Post
                  Would The laminations used for transformers and small motors provide the proper material for pickup blades?
                  Yes, they would.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

BT, it's a bot.
                    I thought so too, but I found her on some other forums actually saying other things. But she has posted that exact sentence in other threads.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

The same thing has been in this forum before, too. Really confusing because it doesn't seem malicious at all...

If you're looking for low money/not too confusing materials for laminations, any low carbon shim stock (McMaster has a bunch) works well too. The nice thing about that is that if you get something you like, you can duplicate it easily instead of trying to figure out what it was in that junked transformer that you took apart.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                        The same thing has been in this forum before, too. Really confusing because it doesn't seem malicious at all...

If you're looking for low money/not too confusing materials for laminations, any low carbon shim stock (McMaster has a bunch) works well too. The nice thing about that is that if you get something you like, you can duplicate it easily instead of trying to figure out what it was in that junked transformer that you took apart.
                        Hello,
                        That is a great idea. I could get shim stock locally I just didn't think of shim stock when I was thinking of laminating. I can still use the transformer/motor stuff to get the winding part down,then use the shim stock to zero in on the tone. Thank You !

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                          Same thing posted in other forums too:

Search Results - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

Renko charts for people with jobs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-12 at 12.47.36 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	824963

So maybe it is a bot.

I may have to do some pruning...
                          Last edited by David Schwab; 05-12-2012, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                            Same thing posted in other forums too:

Search Results - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

Renko charts for people with jobs?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18447[/ATTACH]

So maybe it is a bot.

I may have to do some pruning...
                            We have discussed her before.
                            Her Avatar Pic. seems to be a Composite.
                            Another time she had a post on a cruise forum.
                            T
                            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                              We have discussed her before.
                              Her Avatar Pic. seems to be a Composite.
                              Another time she had a post on a cruise forum.
                              T
                              I don't think it's a composite at all, and I do image retouching. The reason was supposed to be the eyes being too wide, but I showed that they are the same width as the mouth. Perfectly normal for someone leaning into a web cam. it's probably slightly distorted.

Now this is funny. If you Google her screen name, and look up images, you get this:

Jessica1988 - Google Search

Now check out the various forums!

Now if you go to bassboatmagazine.com "she" posted: "I am here to learn.Thanks for sharing." I think she posted the same thing on this forum.

I notice some of them are phrased oddly, like this one from socialanxietysupport.com:

"Take care of yourself. I hope you're enjoying your staying here." Heh.

Or this one:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t27792/#post242295

"Hope you went well into 2012 !"

So seems like a bot. Random repeated phrases that vaguely fit into the topic.

Now I get confused with this thread "she" started:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t27607/#post239938

And another one:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t27607/#post239938

Those don't seem like a bot. Maybe she does have social anxiety?

Comment

Working...
                              X