Yamaha PSR2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha PSR2000

Hi there. Just wanting to pass along some info about the Yamaha PSR 2000 keyboard. Had one recently and when you power it up, there are two leds that turn on only for an instant...I believe they are labeled Signal and Clip....I think...anyway the keyboard would not work...at all...no display, no sounds, no nothing....It seams that apparently, these keyboards will do this if they are run for a long period of time....how long I am not sure... but I discovered that there was a bad electrolytic cap....C000 and a defective DC to DC converter IC chip...IC114...apparently the cap gets leaky and takes out the IC. Anyway, they are located on a board that is en-cased inside a metal shield which has to be dis-assembled in order to get to the board. I believe it is called the AM board??? Anyway when I replaced these two components, the keyboard worked great....So I decided to post this just in case somebody else has the problem.....
    Cheers,
    Bernie

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    Hi there. Just wanting to pass along some info about the Yamaha PSR 2000 keyboard. Had one recently and when you power it up, there are two leds that turn on only for an instant...I believe they are labeled Signal and Clip....I think...anyway the keyboard would not work...at all...no display, no sounds, no nothing....It seams that apparently, these keyboards will do this if they are run for a long period of time....how long I am not sure... but I discovered that there was a bad electrolytic cap....C000 and a defective DC to DC converter IC chip...IC114...apparently the cap gets leaky and takes out the IC. Anyway, they are located on a board that is en-cased inside a metal shield which has to be dis-assembled in order to get to the board. I believe it is called the AM board??? Anyway when I replaced these two components, the keyboard worked great....So I decided to post this just in case somebody else has the problem.....
    Cheers,
    Bernie
    Here corresponding part of the schematic is:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks doctor. And to Jass P Bass and Pontaicpete...you're welcome........

Comment

Working...
      X