KLDguitar Power attenautor PB1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLDguitar Power attenautor PB1

PB attenuator was designed to let you maintain your amp’s tone and dynamic response while keeping the overall volume under control. On stage and in the studio the PB gives you great flexibility for different volume levels. At home studio it can be used to really attenuate the overall volume down to 1 watt or less (amp less 100w)
    Top Controls:
    Attenuation: This is a rotary switch that selects the amount of attenuation. Mini position is true by¬pass. Positions 4-1 adds 1.8 dB of attenuation per click.
    Studio Level: A rheostat that will adjust the amp’s output from -7.2 dB down to -30 dB.
    Side Jacks:
    IN: Connect a speaker cable from this jack to your amp’s speaker out jack.
    OUT: Connect a speaker cable from this jack to your speaker cabinet. It is optimal to match your amp speaker out to the external speaker rating. (ex: 8 ohm speaker out jack on amp with 8 ohm speaker cab.)
    Enclosure:
    Al alloy case let PB attenuator dissipate heat easy.
    Weight : 1.8kg(unpacked)
    DEM: 162x74.5X250mm
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KLDguitar-PB-power-Attenuator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	865386
    Clips http://youtu.be/2S7GNkAIxrA

Nice demo vid. Looks like a good product. I think you know by now that the forum members aren't really in the market for your products because we build our own stuff. So I'll assume you just wanted to share your achievement.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Dear chuck h : I think KLD is showing it here because if I'm not mistaken, he "designed" it with the collective input of many MEF members.
      I still remember his endless string of questions.
      Fine with me.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yes, I remember that. For all I know it's just my simple attenuator in a fancy box (the description and operation leads me to believe it might be). Fine with me. I posted the design here to share with forum members full well knowing the design became public domain at that moment.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Difference colors of PB 1 KLDguitar

Click image for larger version

Name:	KLDguitar-PB-power-Attenuator-blue-case-smaller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	825294
          Please compare red PB1 with blue PB1, you can find it is importance that good color.Blue color let same thing nice . In many place , people pay attention to outlook of products more.

Comment

The blue one is better for blues and the red one is better for rock got it!

Comment

Good advice. It seems many people like blue in china. Certainly, I think color is important in design

Comment

I was only kidding about the difference. But it's true that different types of players (and cultures) like different colors. Maybe that's part of why the Fender and Marshall amps did so well in history. They were BLACK. Black goes with anything.

Comment

Sometime read The Hidden Persuaders, by Vance Packard. It is from 1957, but it still applies. It is about subliminal advertising and other consumer motivation techniques.

One of my favorite anecdotes in it is about laundry detergent. They boxed the exact same laundry detergent powder in three different packages and gave it to housewives for trial. There were no brand names on the boxes, but they did have color schemes and designs. After a few weeks they asked the women what they thought about the three "different" laundry detergents. Fairly consistently, they found a lot of the ladies thought the soap in the red box was "too harsh" on their clothes, the soap in the blue box was OK but not really strong enough. And the soap in the yellow box seemed to be the best at cleaning clothes without any negatives. But it was the identical soap in all three packages. The power of the mind.

SO we can joke, but it is true, color does matter, at least in terms of marketing. I bet if you make two identical 5E3 chassis and cabs, and dress one in brown tolex and oxblood grille cloth and another in traditional black tolex and black cloth, you will get more guys telling you the brown one seems to have a bit more of a vintage tone. Or take two 4x12 cabs, and dress one in nice black grille cloth ala Marshall cab, then do the other with those round steel waffle iron grilles bolted over each driver. See which cab the Death Metal guys think sounds better.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Nobody thinks KLD actually designs anything do you?

That KLD attenuator is a -6 and -12 db resistive attenuator.

Gerald Weber published an article in Vintage Guitar a few years ago describing how to build one.

Even if KLD didn't borrow/copy/steal/whatever the design, it's not exactly rocket science.

It's just a couple of L-Pads cascaded one into the other. I'm a numbskull, and even I understand how to build one.
                    Stop by my web page!

Comment

hahaha, I think you are right. many people can do .But many people can not do it better and affordable .
                      Our works let many people sharing music.

Originally posted by Regis View Post
                      Nobody thinks KLD actually designs anything do you?

That KLD attenuator is a -6 and -12 db resistive attenuator.

Gerald Weber published an article in Vintage Guitar a few years ago describing how to build one.

Even if KLD didn't borrow/copy/steal/whatever the design, it's not exactly rocket science.

It's just a couple of L-Pads cascaded one into the other. I'm a numbskull, and even I understand how to build one.

Comment

Working...
                      X